Saturday, May 17, 2008

Prince Caspian

We went to see PRINCE CASPIAN yesterday. Movieguide gave it 4 *'s (their highest rating and +1 for acceptablity) and found it to be an exciting, fantastic epic in the tradition of LORD OF THE RINGS. (Like LOTR it is basically a war/battle movie with some good lines and beautiful scenery.) Despite some loose ends, it re-imagines the C. S. Lewis book’s story, which is about having faith in God through the Christ figure of Aslan. (Aslan does not appear as much in the film as He does in the book which is too bad.) Ultimately it is God who determines the future of Narnia (and of America). MOVIEGUIDE® commends the filmmakers for being faithful to the book’s spiritually uplifting, redemptive themes. They turned a complex plot into an exciting adventure.

2 comments:

Lynellen said...

Glad you liked it! I read that some people were very unhappy with the "reimagineing" aspect of the movie...that it wasnt faithful to the book in details just in broad sweeps.

Marmee of Bear Meadow said...

Hubby & I just returned home from seeing Prince Caspian. I asked him, "Between 1 and 10, how would you rate it?" "I'd give it a ten," he replied enthusiastically. "So would I," I said. I can't remember the book that well, so maybe that's why I readily give the film two thumbs up. Beautiful cinematography, good acting, gorgeous settings, incredible special effects, wonderful story. Schmaltzy chick that I am, I also enjoyed the "love story," subtle, bittersweet. And Aslan!! Wondrous!!!